Not long ago, it was good enough to do nothing.
The ideal approach was to leave the countryside alone for conservation sake. At the turn of 21st century, things aren’t rosy anymore. As the frenzy of modernity threatens to eat up more and more virgin land, being a quiet bystander is not longer an option. Left unattended, any pristine place will never survive the poliferation of commercialism. Nature can no longer protect itself without a helping hand.
At Malaysian Nature Society, we believe in actively doing something to protect our country’s natural heritage. We are bonded by our love for Mother Nature and we certainly would like you to be part of the family.
To support us, join MNS as a member. Membership fee collected with go a long way in funding many noble conservation projects mooted in endangered sites around Malaysia.
Besides receiving fabulous Naturalist magazine periodically, you will also get to enjoy many scheduled outdoor trips with experts and like-minded people. Let us show you how beautiful Malaysia’s raw wilderness is.
For application form, annual fee and FAQs, click on MNS Secretariat’s membership application page. You can join or renew membership by payment into MNS’s account through ATM machines at
1. Maybank account no. 012 138 304 679
2. HSBC account no. 305 194 920 108.
Kindly retain the bank in slip and send a copy to HQ by fax 03 22878773 or email as proof. For personal inquires or follow ups, you can contact Ms Leong Wee Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in store for you
Well, after you have signed up as member, here are your options;
1. You can sit back and go about your life as usual. Pat yourself on the back for playing a part in funding conservation.
2. You can take part in Perak branch outdoor trips, make like-minded friends and wonder what it took you so long to realize how beautiful the countryside is.
3. You can do a bit more by volunteering your skill, network and resource to MNS Perak branch’s projects. Don’t worry, we know you have a career and family to take care. Rest assure it won’t take too much of your time.
4. You can initiate and lead something unique and special. If it’s viable and effective for conservation or environmental awareness, we’d garner all support and fundings for you.